Since it's the dead of winter here in lovely central Wisconsin and we're basically prisoners of -20 degree temperatures and about 25 inches of snow, I thought I write about other places I'd like to go someday. These fall into two rough categories--places I've never been and places I've been but would love to visit again. This list is far from comprehensive. It's just a list of places that are on my mind right now.
*England--London, Yorkshire, Wales--Okay, pretty much anywhere in
England. My only concern is that there is so much I want to visit there that one 1 week trip will simply never suffice. We'll have to go again and again.
*China--I've always wanted to go there. Rene says that after visiting India, he's not sure about visiting China.
*Disneyworld or Disneyland--I know it's crazy, but as far as I know none of our immediate family have ever been to either one with the possible exceptions of Tracy, Shannon or Preston. I'd like to visit, just so I know what it's like.
*Spain--I may actually get there sometime in the foreseeable future. Rene will probably be going there this year for work, and I may be able to go, depending on timing, finances, etc.
*PEI--Rene has been there a couple of times, but of course, I haven't.
*Banff--Once again, somewhere I've always wanted to go, but never been.
*California--several places would suffice, but I definitely want to go to Humboldt county sometime. Northern California is higher on the list than southern, but as of right now, the only place I've ever been is Sacramento.
*Australia would be nice, but it's not at the top of my list right now.
*Las Vegas--just to see the sights.
In the places I've been, but would like to go back to category:
*New York City--My mom and several siblings and their spouses and I had a blast when we went there last year. I'd like to go again with Rene and Janet.
*The Washington, DC, area--We've been there so many times, but I like it there a lot. Good thing we have reason to visit. No offense intended to Memphis, which we also enjoyed, or Provo, which I love to visit because it feels like home.
*West Virginia and southern Ohio--Sarah and Janet may giggle at this choice, but I liked it's there.
*The eastern coast of the US, from the Delmarva peninsula to Florida--We've really enjoyed our visits to the ocean and would love to go more often. I imagine we'd also like beaches in the Florida panhandle or California. We have also been to the beach in Galveston and in Hawaii and liked those, too.
Perhaps I'll have to post a second list as I continue to ponder traveling. Or perhaps a list of places I don't want to go would be good. Right now, I can't think of many, but I haven't really considered it.
By the way, before any of you can comment on what I'm doing up to 1:52 am, I'd like you to know that it's Senior Ball night and I'm waiting up for Janet. I'm sure she'll post something about it and maybe even a picture.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would volunteer to be your traveling companion to England...or Spain...or PEI...or California. Las Vegas really isn't that great. One afternoon would probably satiate you.
Why don't you want to go to NYC with me? Apparently, you love Dad and Janet more.
of course she does sas, you should know that by now. you're only good enough to travel to west virginia.
We like your traveling ideas. And we like reading in on your blog! Hope you guys are doing well!
So.. Memphis didn't make the cut.. shocking...
Post a Comment