Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 17--It's almost official summer, even here in the "northwoods." We have not really had many warm and sunny days at all so far this year. We had a long, cold spring, and then we've had lots of rainy and cool weather. We worked hard to get the yard in shape for Janet's graduation party, but it was windy and kind of rainy, so our yard didn't get used that much. But the flowers are looking nice, so I thought I'd post some pictures. The lady who lived here before us loved her flowers, so all of these are what she planted. It's a nice change from three feet of snow!
Irises
Bleeding heart
Clematis
These look kind of like a bleeding heart, but I'm not sure if they are or not.

These wild pansies are all over. They spread like crazy. Rene is all for digging them up, but I like them. We also have an area of our yard just on the edge of the woods that is covered with wild phlox. I thought we would miss those from Ohio, but no, we have our own.

3 comments:

Joe said...

I think the pansies look nice. Yay for the non snowy yard!

Joe said...

Sorry, the above comment was not Joe. I don't even think he has yay in his vocab!

Tracy

Kathleen said...

We had those little pansies in our yard in Connecticut - everybody there called them "Johnny Jump-ups". I think they're so cute!