One of the traditions we started long ago and have continued successfully happens on the Sunday of General Conference. Since we have lived our whole married lives away from the west and have either gone to church to watch conference or have watched it at home, we wanted to do something to make conference special. We initiated a special breakfast on the Sunday of General Conference. It's always different and doesn't have to be something expensive or complicated. It's just a breakfast that is different from the usual weekday breakfast or even our Saturday pancakes. Since we lived for so many years in the Eastern time zone, this turned out to be a perfect idea. We've had all kinds of fun breakfasts, sometimes so fun and time-consuming that we've almost been late to conference. It's been one of my favorite traditions. I would recommend it to anyone.
This year, we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast. For years, I have been using the same recipe--one I got from Betty Crocker. But last summer, I discovered a recipe that's supposed to be a "clone" of a Cinnabon. I made it a couple of times and it was a keeper. So that's what we had today and here's what it looked like:

One other tradition at conference, especially in October, is candy corn. I think it started when the kids were little and we had to watch conference at church. I'd put some candy corn in my purse and judiciously dole it out to keep them quiet. Emily reminded me of this tradition just yesterday, as she was helping herself to the candy corn.
2 comments:
YUM! We actually started a similiar tradition this year, but it just involves cinnamon rolls. However, my didn't look near as good!!! Hey tell Rene we are totally impressed with his race! Way to go!!!
Wow, those look AMAZING. You're welcome at our house for conference anytime. :)
Post a Comment