Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cake

As part of our plan to learn something this summer, the girls and I have made several cakes. Joanna posted about one here. A week ago we made this awesome cake for Janet's birthday. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's a two layer cake with a layer of ice cream in the middle. Then it's frosted, then ice cream cones are stuck all the way around it and more are balanced on top. It was awesome, if I say so myself.

Before Janet was home for the summer, Joanna and I made this one for Jim Clark's birthday:



In case you can't tell, it's a golf course with a green, sand trap, water hazard, and hole with a little guy swinging a club. Hey, it's not great art, but it was fun. And I think Jim got a kick out of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i shure like the look of those cakes my mother used to bake pies and cakes every week rainbow cakes fruitt cakes now the only home made ones i get is if my daughter in laws bake them for me
steve