Tonight was our ward Christmas party, "Christmas Around the World." We were in charge of a display about and food from Tonga. It was pretty awesome, if I say so myself. We used all of Rene's tapa cloths and mats and some fake palm trees leftover from "Christmas in Bethlehem" last year. We served oati, which is a drink made of pureed watermelon, coconut and coconut cream (obviously, I didn't have any say in that because I personally find coconut disgusting.) We wore some of the traditional Tongan clothes Rene brought home from his mission, even though it was 21 degrees outside. Oh, the palm trees were missing ALL of their leaves, so last night late, we whipped some up.

Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It looks awesome Mom (and Dad, but I'm pretty sure he never reads these things.)
Ha ha ha - you guys look awesome!
Looks like a great Tongan visit!
Post a Comment