Monday, December 21, 2009




This year, we waited until Janet got home to get our Christmas tree. We looked at a few lots in town, but the trees were $30-$35 for nothing special. In previous years, we went to one of two cut your own tree lots in Mosinee, where the trees were $20. But we heard that the trees there were pretty picked over this year. So we trekked out in the country to a place that really was pretty similar to going out into the woods to find your own. These people planted a bunch of trees many years ago, and then never followed up with any care. Now they just want the trees cut down. So we tromped around a found a tree that Rene really likes (Janet maybe not so much) for only $15.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! Mine was only $10, but then it is a sub-alpine fir, and those are kind of homely trees.

Becky and Todd said...

How fun! If I try really hard, I think I can smell that great fresh scent. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Joanna said...

I can't wait to see it in two days!!!

Emily said...

We went to a cut-your-own palm tree place and decorated it.

Preston said...

Don't tell the Blacks, but hiking out into the woods and getting your own, somewhat "homely" tree is a lot more fun, and memorable, than going to a Christmas tree lot.