Friday, October 1, 2010


I made these scones for breakfast the other day. They were pretty good, but I think they would have been better with some crystallized ginger on top. I was too cheap to buy any. But a few days ago, I saw Alton Brown demonstrate how to crystallize your own ginger. Anybody want to try it with me?

4 comments:

Joe said...

I already did it. It came out okay, I guess. I did it while Tracy was pregnant with Logan to try and help her nausea. She didn't like them, though, so they got chopped up and made into gingersnaps.

Kathleen said...

Hmmm. The ginger looks a little too time consuming for my taste, but the scones look absolutely delicious! I'm going to try this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing!

Janet said...

yum. How about bringing some over Thanksgiving?

Janet said...

ooh. Or just sending me some.