Question: What is that pile of white stuff on the mountains behind Springville? Janet couldn't believe that I never was curious enough to hike up there to see what it was. It looks exactly the same as it did when I was a kid. Also, does anyone know the names of those same mountains--the ones that provide a backdrop to Springville?
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I asked Kent what that white stuff was. I think he knew the answer. I don't remember what it was, though!
Between what I already knew and what I dug up on Summit Post, the mountains fronting the valley from Provo Sourh run as follows, from North to South:
Squaw Peak, Y Mountain, Maple Mountain, Buckley Mountain, Powerhouse Mountain (hobble creek)Grindstone Ridge, and Spanish Fork Peak.
Of course, behind those lays another layer of peaks: Cascade and Provo, with Freedom Peak between and east of them, and Corral Mountain.)
Brother Forrest will know.
Post a Comment