This December, we have tried two new recipes we'd like to share. I made some of this soup to take to a new family in the ward and some for us to eat at home:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-Chicken-and-Wild-Rice-Soup
I read the comments and did add diced celery, carrots, onion and mushrooms to the butter before making the white sauce. I also used part skim milk instead of all cream. I also used a rotisserie chicken; one chicken was enough for a double batch of soup and enough for a meal for Rene and I, too. It was filling and yummy.
Most of you know that I don't make candy. That's Rene's forte. But this year, Sarah told me about this awesome microwave caramel recipe. So Joanna and I made it. It turned out perfectly, although we did have some issues with sticking to the waxed paper, but that was our fault, not the recipe's. Here's the recipe:
http://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-caramels-367414
Yum!
I'll post more later with pictures of our Christmas activities. But let me say that we are profoundly grateful to be part of wonderful families and to have the best family in the world as our own!
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've made creamy chicken and wild rice soup a couple times this fall too. The recipe I used was from Tasty Kitchen. It sounds similar, but uses real wild rice - tasty!
I made the caramels and just used a well sprayed pan. They came out no problemo.
Post a Comment