
Yesterday was Janet's last day of seminary; thus, OUR last day of seminary, EVER! You all know that I am a big proponent of early morning seminary. But, for some reason, this has been a tough year. Janet has been ill more and has had other conflicts with seminary more this year than anyone in our family has ever had. And I guess that I'm just tired of getting up at 5 am. Other people say, well, why do you get up? I am not a good sleeper when I can hear other noises going on, so I figure I might as well get up. I don't think I could ever sleep through it.
I think Joseph started seminary in the 1993-94 school year. So that has been 14 years of seminary that our own kids attended. I taught most of those years, with the exception of two years when Joanna and Sarah were in seminary. But I think my first year teaching seminary in Mount Vernon was 1987-88. And I taught all that time, except for two years around the time Janet was born. I also taught one year of home study seminary when we lived in Columbus in 1979-80. But I have to say, I'd really have to think twice if I were ever asked to teach early morning seminary again.
I guess I still love the seminary program and I cherish the relationships with the kids I taught over the years, who are now all adults, but I'll leave the early mornings to you younger people.
I think Joseph started seminary in the 1993-94 school year. So that has been 14 years of seminary that our own kids attended. I taught most of those years, with the exception of two years when Joanna and Sarah were in seminary. But I think my first year teaching seminary in Mount Vernon was 1987-88. And I taught all that time, except for two years around the time Janet was born. I also taught one year of home study seminary when we lived in Columbus in 1979-80. But I have to say, I'd really have to think twice if I were ever asked to teach early morning seminary again.
I guess I still love the seminary program and I cherish the relationships with the kids I taught over the years, who are now all adults, but I'll leave the early mornings to you younger people.
By the way, the picture is of seminary graduation in 1997. I guess Joseph and Jenny were the only two graduating that year. (Wes Glover graduated from school early, if you remember.)
3 comments:
You were such a great seminary teacher, and the cinnamon rolls you brought in from time-to-time weren't too bad either! I think you should just be twinkled to heaven for that calling. I hope you'll forgive me for bringing my laziness in about 1 minute before being counted tardy. That seems like so long ago, I guess it's been over 10 years now, wow.
Wow that actually might be my natural haircolor, I've forgotten :)
Wow, I can't believe you've been involved with the seminary program for that long! Actually, I can because you're perfect for it. (I know that after watching you DOMINATE celestial pursuit, ha,ha.) Those pictures you posted of Afton are SO cute! I hope you had a fun trip, and YES, I AM hoping to clean up at the scoresby scamper. I'm working on it! ;)
Post a Comment