

Our house has been pretty quiet since Janet went off to college. It's kind of weird to devote so many years to being a mom (29 in my case), and then suddenly have your job kind of come to an end. I know I'll always be a mom and that my kids still need me, but it's just not the same as having kids at home. That's why this weekend was so fun. Ben and Shannon flew in on Thursday morning for a job interview. They were busy most of Thursday and Friday, but on Saturday and Sunday, it was almost like old times. Emily and Preston were here and it was fun to fix dinner for all of us, to sing around the piano, to play games and to visit. The only bad thing is that eventually everyone has to go home!
5 comments:
It would definitely be different. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Wow Shannon, you look great! I wouldn't even think you were carrying a cute bambino around!
don't worry mom, according to my christmas countdown chain, i come home in 24 days. then i will be there!!!
Isn't having your kids around just the best thing ever? I hear you have another grandbaby on the way. Congrats!
Thanks for everything; we had a great time too! Congrats on that new grandbaby coming! ;)
OH that makes me so sad. I have to remember this when I am feeling stressed out with little ones at home!
Post a Comment