
It's The Quiltmaker's Gift, by Jeff Brumbeau and Gail de Marcken. It is a pretty darn good illustration of this parable, although the parable, of course, has a lot of deeper meaning. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to use the book for Institute.
Also, during the past week, I saw this cartoon and it remind me of Ben and Shannon:

You can see more stick figure humor here: http://humorpix.com/images/2632-Stick-figure-humor.html . Some of them are pretty funny.
3 comments:
Hahaha. Love it! Thanks for sharing! ;)
I came across your blog doing a search about this book. I am a volunteer early morning seminary teacher in Southern California and I used this book in our seminary class. Our class read the story of the "Rich Young Ruler" from the New Testament and then I had the kids sit on the floor and I read this picture book to them.
At first they said, "Hey, we're not in Preschool!" but then they all sat quietly and listened to the whole story. They are 16 high school freshmen and I've NEVER seen them pay attention so well.
They really enjoyed it!
Just thought I'd share...
Vivian Love
Hey Margaret,
I found your family blogs tonight while searching for Pleshek's. I am so excited. Your granddaughter is very cute. I didn't know Rene was a runner. I will probably learn new things about you from this blog. I will check in often. I also have the clone of a cinnabon recipe, but I am not a very good bread maker, so mine turned out just so so. Happy to see you in blogger world!
Post a Comment