This is Dan Emmett Elementary School in Mount Vernon, which all our kids attended. Joanna, Sarah and Janet all have one of these that Dan Emmett gave to them when they graduated from high school. Notice the little black kitty? That's the Cat's Meow logo and appears on each piece.
I got this set when Janet, Jodi and I went to Mount Vernon the summer that Emily and Preston were married.
I have a welcome sign which is located in a tiny park located near the high school in Mount Vernon. Dad would always comment on it when we passed. I can't get a good picture of it.
This is a statue that was located on the square in Mount Vernon. It's some kind of memorial to soldiers, probably Civil War soldiers. Joseph dubbed this guy "General Interest" as in "not of general interest."
I was very excited a couple of years ago when I was in Aberdeen and went to Nearly New with my mom and my sister Susan. I found this:
It's a Cat's Meow of Storybook Land, a park in Aberdeen, SD, which we have visited many times on many family occasions. I'm pretty sure I got a great deal on this Cat's Meow, because it was stuff a bag day!
There are lots of cute things, even the international space station and the Hubble telescope for the space minded (you know who you are!), but right now I'm coveting the Amish ones, the Buckeye Candy company and the Ohio Bicentennial Barns.
2 comments:
Jim used to have a Cat's Meow school bus on his desk when he was the Branch President...considered that calling the "school of hard knocks!"
I was trying to explain the awesomeness of Storybook Land to Candace the other day, but I don't think she got it.
Post a Comment