Saturday, January 30, 2010

Goodbye January

We celebrated Rene's birthday on Tuesday evening with Ben, Shannon and Macey. Macey was suitably impressed with all the candles. There are two birthdays between Rene's and her's--mine in February and Shannon's a couple of weeks before Macey's. Hopefully, seeing us all blow out candles will teach her how to blow out her own!

Rene and I went to the Art Museum to see the exhibit called "Las Artes de Mexico." It was okay. The coolest (and oldest) things were some jade carvings. They were dated around 1500 BC, if I'm remembering correctly. The jade was absolutely gorgeous. The other impressive thing was this ice sculpture.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm so happy Michael Scott made it into Dad's birthday celebration :)

Janet said...

cool ice sculpture. It's always fun to go see those and it looks like this year's was pretty good.

Emily said...

Did you save me some cake?

Becky and Todd said...

Cool ice sculptures...when the Giles came back from China they had some pics of awesome sculptures as well. I'm still looking at the blaze of candles (how many?!) on that b-day cake!

Shannon said...

Cute baby! ;)

Emily said...

56.