Monday, February 8, 2010

A trip to Virginia






I'm sure that every grandma thinks that her kids are the smartest and cutest. Well, I got to spend all of last week with two of my cute, smart grandkids in Virginia. I had a great time. Activities included reading Goodnight, Moon (repeatedly), playing Ring Around the Rosy, going to Chick-Fil-A to play in the play area, holding Logan, talking to Logan and seeing him smile, watching "Elmo's World" (repeatedly), teaching Afton "Jump, Jump, Jump...", making bread, making ice cream, making cookies, taking Cocoa for a walk, babysitting so Joseph and Tracy could go out to a movie, playing games in the evening and laughing at the crazy things Afton got up to.

Rene came in on Friday, arriving just ahead of "The Blizzard of 2010." Logan was to be blessed on Sunday at church, but church was canceled due to the 2-3 FEET of snow that fell Friday and Saturday. I'll let Joseph and Tracy post actual pictures of the blizzard. The bishop was kind enough to come over on Sunday afternoon and Logan was given a name and a blessing then. I made the little outfit he's wearing, which Rene insisted looks like a karate outfit. It's always great to be with our kids and grandkids. I look forward to every chance to see them!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Logan has to sit in a PINK chair! I think his outfit looks like a karate outfit too. But it's cute. So is the baby.

Tracy said...

I think Logan looks great in pink. :0) Joe doesn't agree.

Joanna said...

I didn't make any connection with a karate outfit, but now that you point it out it does kind of resemble one.

Janet said...

Maybe it's a sign that Logan will be a karate kid later in life. He'll for sure be one cute karate kid.

Sarah said...

My roommates think the outfit looks like a karate outfit. I think they are both the cutest babies ever. I want to see them....

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Love the photos Margaret, you all look so happy! What a great trip and what sweet memories!

Emily A. said...

Both Afton and Logan are adorable! I have to agree that the outfit does look like a karate Gi. He just needs a belt!

Rine Family said...

Margaret, You have beautiful grandchildren.. I love the little out fit.. wish i had your talent for sewing.