Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Last week, I was able to go for my walk outside every day. It was warmish (for Wisconsin in the winter) and the ice was just melting away. Over the weekend, however, we had rain, freezing rain and then topped that with snow. Now it's turning colder. So I feel that my walk this week will be indoors. Last year, I bought a Leslie Sansone walking video, but soon discovered that I can do all that without actually watching the video. I have developed a regular circuit that I can do right here in the house.

And fortuitously, I have discovered that one of my new passions is on TV at the exact time I want to exercise! If you haven't discovered Cash Cab for yourself, I high recommend it. Unsuspecting people get into a cab in New York City and suddenly, the lights starts flashing and, voila, you're on Cash Cab. The host, Ben Bailey, asks you general knowledge trivia questions as he drives you to your destination and you win money. Woohoo! That would be my dream; unfortunately, I think there's one cab in the Wausau area, and I pretty sure Ben Bailey doesn't drive it.

You should all check it out. You can go here and take some of the actual quizzes and see how you'd do. You can also go to the show's website for other fun stuff, like a slider puzzle, bloopers and Ben Bailey's Top Ten list of places to visit in NYC. It's a highly entertaining solution for boredom during a long, cold winter.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I only got 6 out of 11. That stinks!

Unknown said...

i have just started my walks after been down with a bad bout of shingles you do not realize how you miss walking until you can not do it i go for a bone scan thursday then hope to get down to my old routine i try to do three miles a day but am looking forward to my walks in North yorkshire i have one of these digital photo frames and your visit Rene is running and also a picture of your beutifull familly have a geat year all of you
Steve

Shannon said...

Ben LOVES cash cab.

Sarah said...

I like cash cab, but I don't think I would do well since I don't know the meaning of fortuitously.