Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's been a quiet month since I last posted.  I spent a lot of time lying on the couch trying to feel good.  Here's a quick synopsis of what else we did:

Mother's Day--Ben and Shannon and the girlies came up for dinner.  It was nice and relaxing, probably because Rene did all the work.  Earlier, we went to their house for Ben's birthday.  It's hard to believe he's 32.

I babysit Macey and Sadie a couple of times.  One time, as I was getting ready to go home,  Macey said to me, "Grandma, will you babysit sit us when Mommy and Daddy get married?"  Somehow, she had gotten into her head that you had to get married before every baby that you have.  How nice to know that she and Sadie and their unborn sister are all already sealed to their Mommy and Daddy!

Janet and Jacob came up for Memorial Day weekend.  I think Rene really enjoyed having a buddy to do stuff with.  I enjoyed having a buddy to lay around with.  Janet beat Rene's high score on the Bubblet game on my Ipad.  Here's the proof:


We went to church in Stevens Point, had a cookout for Memorial Day/Sadie's birthday, the boys went to the shooting range, etc.  It's always sadly quiet when they all leave.

We are being overrun by wildlife.  A bear has been raiding Rene's beehives.  Last weekend, he put up an electric fence around them.  Today, I think we have another loose mink in the yard.   And the mosquito population has exploded.  They are supergood at getting in the house any time anyone cracks a door open.  I'm not planning on spending any time outside anytime soon. 


I'm super happy that I won Janet's challenge!  Yay me! Can't wait 'til I get my stick of gum.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, big accomplishment Janet.

Janet said...

You don't even chew gum. So will you give it back to me?

Margaret said...

Never mind. I just found the old hard gum Sadie kept getting. I'll just count that.

Emily said...

Why does Janet always have to win everything? It's so annoying.